I listened to podcasts from Cockburn library and Scientific American. I liked the latter as they were short and to the point. The Cockburn one was on genealogy which I stopped listening to after 10 minutes or so as I was getting a bit bored with it. If you wanted to know this information then it would be a great introduction to the subject. I then listened to one about the dead sea scrolls off the Western Kentucky University libraries podcast page which cracked me up as the intro of all the people involved took quite a while. I found some of the podcasts off the library wiki list took a long time to load, got stuck altogether and one crashed my Internet and I lost my blog post I was writing even though I had been saving it. Argh! It could just be our computers are slow and not the fault of the web sites. I guess if you are interested to hear something then you will keep listening however I think in some cases you might as well film someone giving a presentation so its a bit more interesting.
Perhaps if we were going to have podcasts we could record our library lovers presenters giving their talks, or oral histories from our local history collection. If we had any staff interested we could do short readers advisory podcasts on who writes like, or a book review, latest items that we have read or watched etc.
I am really not interested in listening to podcasts and searching for something to mention is driving me nuts so I will say that I am interested in the ABC podcasts service which ranges from the science, news and entertainment podcasts such as the Sleek geek radio and Film guide with Mark Fennell. Click here for more ABC podcast service .
A podcast on perhaps "The book of the week" might be an idea
ReplyDeleteI agree that some podcasts would be improved with a bit of video, but I guess itdepends on the subject matter, and where/how you are listening to them.
ReplyDeleteI have a short attention span at times and I rarely follow podcasts just because I haven't found anything riveting enough!
ReplyDeleteIf a library were to produce podcasts, they would have to try and make it interesting, to the point and not too long..