Well, all I can say is that I am very happy this is now over, this has taken up way more time then was indicated to read through all the links for each week. I have had problems trying to make comments and posting over the last 2 weeks, with the web page just freezing on me. I have finally managed to log on from home after trying several times this week already; so woohoo I am finishing up today. I found nothing in this course difficult to understand, sign up for or do, with the exception of trying to log in these last few weeks. I agree with Lakeview library that making comments was the most difficult part. I have read through endless blog posts but then I can't think of anything to say! I am sure people are reading my posts and thinking the same. I don't think I will be using any of these WEB 2.0 basics as if I wanted to I already would be. I don't spend that much time on the Internet and if I am on there it is for different reasons / interests like shopping, news, TV show info etc., or like today on my day off driving myself nuts trying to use car insurance online quote systems that keep seizing....
Of course our library could use any of these WEB 2.0 basics to promote themselves online, assist with readers advisory and keep our patrons up to date. I think Library thing tags in our records will be a useful tool to assist patrons to find further reading and of course for book reviews. The questions with the other options are whether there is enough $ and staff time to be able to allocate to them and will their be a measurable way to know if they have been a success and worth doing.
Totally agree with the last paragraph,
ReplyDeletebut I do appreciate the chance to
get familiar with newer IT.
Congratulations on finishing the course. I agree with you about the comments. I think that 5 was just too many per topic. I suppose it gave you the chance to read other participants' blogs - but it takes time to read 5 blogs and think of something sensible to say.
ReplyDelete